Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Record broken today surprisingly

Had a pain on top section between my big toe and feet, probably due to foot wear. it so bad that i can hardly walk fast, let alone run. So i spend more time warming up by the canal before the run. Stretching the calves especially and thigh. Start the run behind a slow but steady jogger, overtook him and pace slowly. This lone jogger just keep pacing about 10-20 m behind me after 1.2km, and hardly i noticed that i running at record pace. As i run along, another orange shirt slowly pass me, and he maintain a 20-30m in front, as i reached final 600m, i was panting frantically, hardly able to breathe, but my legs also began to tire. I grit on my teeth and many people saw my face must have thought i just ran a marathon. As i reached last 200m, i push more faster, ignoring all others. I stop the watch, at wala 18 min flat. Wow! i am totally breatheless , and my last record of 18 min 49 sec was broken by a full 49 sec. It a new milestone for me today, running at 37.5 sec/100 metres today, it was hard. Walk back slowly and i catch my breathe. Enjoying the others slogging. Total distance covered 6.6 km today, 4.2km walk and 2.4km run.

No comments:

Post a Comment