Sunday, April 25, 2010

yishun canal run 2.4km record

Today is another sunday. It been so many days since i last ran , due to various reasons. Last few days i ran a record 18 min at canal temple run, despite sharp pain on big toe joint. After that, i miss so many days run, due to work commitments. Today is a chance for me to spend my free time to go for some air and sun. I decided to do the yishun canal route from my house via the old canadian and new zealand army houses. Usual 30 min walk to start point as warm up, stretch my calves , and gingerly start the run. Oh man, i was panting at 1st 400m, a i monitor my heart meter. The feel today was bad, and i felt another struggling session again as i cannot keep pace with 2 runners. On the route back, i was overtaken again by the same 2 runners, and i keep pace with them for 400m and got a good draft. My right calves was on verge of cramp, and i decide to slow down, and finally struggle to finish line 2.4km and was choking for 20 sec. Stop the watch at 18 min 43 sec, a new record for yishun canal route. I decided to walk the whole route after run as warm down, and return to 1.6km, and walk back by canadian army barrack. It was a cool 10.4km and 128 min session today.

No comments:

Post a Comment