Sunday, February 21, 2010

2nd run 2.4km

Today start the session with a 3.2km slow jog to the starting point for the 2.4km run. Take it as warm up , by the time i reach the starting point by the canal opposite YHS building, i was quite tired already. However i stretch my calves a bit, and start the öfficial 2.4km run again"for the 2nd day, i was at 100 m/min pace and was trying to get into rhythm. Fortunately there was no fast runner near me, so i am able to pace my self at 100m/min , i start to push a bit harder around 1km mark up the 1st slope beside canberra sec, and the start of 6 slopes up and 5 slopes down, to the 2.4km finish. I was breathing heavier and heavier but i continued to stay within my zone. I was glad when i finally ran under the bridge which is around 1.7km, and i have improve my pace faster than 100m/min slightly. If i am to stay same pace, i would finish today run at 24min, but as i gradually increase speed from 1km onward, i finally finish today run at 21 min 33 sec. Although panting heavily at the end , which is also the last final slope to finishing line, i feel a sense of an achievement as actually today it would be like a 5.6km run already. I warm down by walking at the way back home, which is another 2km.

No comments:

Post a Comment